About Our Practice
Boas Surgical was founded in 1919 by George H. Miller to meet the orthotic and prosthetic needs of the people of the Lehigh Valley. The George H. Miller Company was located at 2nd and Hamilton Streets in Allentown and later at Hamilton and Penn Streets. In 1953, the company was purchased by Ernest Boas who changed the name to Boas Surgical.
In 1963, the company moved to 14th and Turner Street. Ten years later, in 1973, Boas Surgical was incorporated. George Fussner purchased the company in 1983. In 1987, Mr. Fussner relocated Boas Surgical to a newly renovated, more spacious building at 1309 Gordon Street. That location served as the company headquarters until 2013 when that office was relocated to 3050 Hamilton Blvd., Suite 220, in Allentown, and the newly expanded Bethlehem office at 3535 High Point Blvd. in Bethlehem took over as the company headquarters.
In January of 2000, Jeff Fussner purchased the business from his father George. Steve Fussner, George's son and Jeff's brother, was a minority share holder until his untimely death in January 2001. A second office was opened in the Wyomissing area in August 2000. Today, Boas Surgical, Inc., continues to provide quality orthotic and prosthetic and pedorthic care to the people of the Lehigh Valley, Berks County, and neighboring cities.
The staff consists of ABC, BOC, and BCP certified practitioners, ABC registered technicians, NCOPE prosthetic and orthotic residents and highly skilled front office staff. Through the quality technical training of the staff and the quality oriented philosophy of the management, Boas Surgical strives to manufacture, fit and deliver state of the art devices of the highest quality.
We strive to deliver unsurpassed service to our patients and referral sources.